Search This Blog

Monday, April 4, 2011

Welcome...

...This is my attempt at a blog strictly for my poetry... I have been writing poetry since I was about 14 years old. I started writing poetry because it was the easiest way for me to get my emotions out. It was never intended for anyone eyes but my own. I let my mom read them but only for her opinion, and she took it upon herself to submit a few of them into contests. I have had 3 of them that I know of actually published, one put to orchestrated music, one done in braille. I never received any royalties, but that is not why I agreed to have them published anyway, so it didn't matter. Over the years I have been very self conscious about my writing, but have been told many times that it is good and that I should do something with it. I have an idea to gather all of the poems I have written that I can track down and put them in a book, but I would like to get a little bit of public opinion before I make an attempt at getting them published. So this blog is my way of putting my work out there to be reviewed, in hopes of avoiding the rejection later if they are not worthy of being in print. So please feel free to comment, critique, or constructively criticize any of my works that you see posted here. Thank you for your help in this and please enjoy...

No comments:

Post a Comment